I don’t know about you, but at the end of the day (especially after work) all I want to do is change into my pajamas and take my makeup off right away. My nighttime skincare routine is step one of showing myself some love before starting the grind all over again.
Here’s my daily Olivespa nighttime skincare routine:
- First things first, I wash my face. However, at nighttime, I double cleanse. Double cleansing especially if I’m wearing makeup is super important for making sure I get everything off. Step one of my double cleanse is taking off my makeup with our Makeup Removing Face Erase Oil. I rub this all over my face, into my eyes (go for a raccoon look) before wiping it all away with a Reusable Cleansing Pad.
- The second step in my double cleanse is going in with our Cleansing Face Wash. In order to double cleanse, the second step must be a water based face wash (opposed to an oil based in the first step). I love our face wash because it gets my skin squeaky clean without stripping my skin of its natural moisture.
- After completing my double cleanse, I exfoliate. I only do this step about 2-3 times per week because over-exfoliating can be damaging to the skin. Our Exfoliating Face Polish is made with all natural ingredients like oat, neem, and bamboo. I pour a couple shakes of the polish in the palm of my hand and combine it with some water, making a paste. I then gently rub the paste all over my face, softly polishing all dead skin away.
- After exfoliating, I will use our Detox Face Mask every 1-2 weeks to give my skin an extra detox from impurities. This face mask makes me feel beautiful and is a God send for my skin.
- I tone my face after using our face mask to rehydrate and balance. I love our Hydrating Face Toner for this reason.
- My second to last step of my nighttime routine is applying 3-5 drops of our Ageless Face Night Oil. This night oil is ultra hydrating and helps the skin regenerate overnight. I’ve noticed a reduction in my fine lines and hyperpigmentation ever since I started using it.
- The final step in my Olivespa nighttime skincare routine is applying our lip balm – duh! There’s nothing quite like our extra virgin olive oil lip balms; they’re the first thing I reach for when I’m struggling with chapped lips and the last thing I put on at night.
Check out my morning skincare routine here.