Here at Olivespa we’re OBSESSED with using extra virgin olive oil on our skin, but if you’re new here, let’s go over some of our favorite skin health supporting benefits. Here’s a cheat sheet of the top six extra virgin olive oil skin benefits:
- First and foremost, extra virgin olive oil is PACKED with antioxidants. These antioxidants are called polyphenols.
- Those same polyphenols make extra virgin olive oil naturally anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and anti-bacterial.
- Extra virgin olive oil has a very high concentration of vitamin E and K. These vitamins along with the multitude of antioxidants help protect the skin against free radicals.
- Extra virgin olive oil has been used for centuries to relieve common skin ailments. Today, we like using extra virgin olive oil as a remedy for diaper rash, eczema, psoriasis, and even acne.
- Extra virgin olive oil is safe to use on mama and baby. We love our gentle baby oil for supporting babys’ skin and preventing diaper rash.
- Do you have any face sculpting tools? Tools such as gua shas and rollers need a moisturized face in order to bure used to their capabilities. We love prepping the skin with either our nourishing face oil or our ageless face night oil before starting to treat with a gua sha or roller.
Which of these extra virgin olive oil benefits did you already know, and which did you just learn? Let us know on instagram! @olivespa_az