Life is always busy, and let’s be honest - I’m always running late. But a piece of my self care regime that I refuse to sacrifice is my non-toxic skincare routine. In order to feel my best (and get some relaxation as well) I need to take care of myself before I can take care of anyone else.
Here’s my daily Olivespa morning skincare routine:
- First things first, I wash my face. I actually don’t use a face wash in the morning however, just warm water. If you have dry or sensitive skin, it’s not completely necessary to wash your face fully in the morning. Plus, think about all the good products you used the night before that have barely had any time to really be absorbed by the skin.
- Next, I use our Advanced Vitamin C Powder to help protect my skin from sun damage and treat hyperpigmentation. I mix a couple shakes of the powder with our Hydrating Face Toner in the palm of my hand, then pat the mixture all over my skin and let it dry. This simultaneously treats (with the Vitamin C) and tones at the same time.
- After Vitamin C, I use our Nourishing Face Oil. I use 3-5 drops (that’s all it takes) and pat the oil all over my face. This serves as my daily moisturizer, but I will use a water based moisturizer if my skin is feeling extra dry. Our Nourishing Face Oil is the secret to having glowing skin.
- If I have time in the morning after moisturizing, I love to use our Rose Quartz Gua Sha for a daily lymphatic drainage ritual. Click here to watch a video on how to use it.
- The final step in my morning skincare routine is applying a sunscreen with at least 40 SPF. Even if it’s cloudy outside or I’m sitting at a desk all day - wearing sunscreen every day is very important for preventing hyperpigmentation, sun damage, and skin cancer. Wearing sunscreen also helps to treat and prevent fine lines.